I’ve ran across numerous questions on a variety of different forums recently with users that were trying to find the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file that is apparently included in several tutorials within some older .NET literature, but were unable to find it.
The creator of the project, UrlRewriter.net still hosts the current files related to the source on the GitHub repository for the project, however doesn’t actually include an area to download the actual Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file that is needed to complete the tutorial.
I decided that I would do something about that to save the few users out there from having to go through the steps of downloading and compiling the source themselves all just to include a simple reference to a library, by releasing it here.
You need the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file and you can’t seem to find it available for download anywhere.
The only steps necessary to actually handle this yourself are as follows :
- Download the entire UrlRewriter Solution from GitHub.
- Open the solution using your favorite IDE (e.g. Visual Web Developer, Visual Studio etc.)
- Build the project within your IDE.
- Find the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file within the bin directory of your newly built solution after compiling the code.
- Reference the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file within your application or project.
If you don’t really feel like going through all of those steps yourself, I have taken the liberty for you. You can download the Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll file at the link below :